Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Featured Seller # 4 - WanderlustNpixiedust

Today I have the pleasure of featuring WanderlustNpixiedust!
After entering her shop, I feel like I had just visited a
flea market in Gent or in Bordeaux! (My favorite ones!)

WANDERLUST loves antique and vintage everything. Just like me! Clothing, jewelry, linens, textiles, anything beveled, books, ephemera, you name it. The older the better. In her spare time she likes to dabble in all things crafty.



From her etsy shop I find quite interesting these soldered pendants she makes using antique cards, for instance, of religious iconography. Very much in the spirit of the little „Santinhas“ (Saints) we sometimes add to our jewelry at ContasBrasil.

Of course I’m fascinated by the vintage glass beads she offers!
Exquisite colors that inspire me right away.

She has recently begun a blog of her own where she shares bits and pieces of the buried treasure she’s collected over the years. And I must say whem I look at it, that Wanderlust has a collection one can’t help but simply envy!
Check it out if you have the time: http://wanderlustnpixiedust.typepad.com/

I love to read Wanderlust’s descriptions! It’s so very true! The moment you decide to part from something, you realize how unique exactly that one little piece is...and maybe „doch“ will decide to keep it. But that’s only because what she has to offer are truly hard-to-find items, collected with love over a period of time.
For instance, this lovely little antique metal frame. The image you see in the photo is just a piece of tissue paper that she inserted into the frame to get an idea of how it would look. Of course after she did this she was tempted to keep it!!Just lovely!


I also love the way she describes her beautiful postcards!
„...All original, unused, vintage postcards from the wild and crazy flapper era. These are wonderful to use in altered art projects. And since these are in such great condition,
I would highly recommend keeping them as is. Preferably you will just scan these into your computer to use over and over again.“

Very sweet!
Thank you Wanderlust for sharing with us your treasure!
Just click on the link and visit this inspiring shop!

WanderlustNpixiedust
Vintage, altered art supplies. Handmade jewelry.


No comments: